Slung chicly over the shoulders, worn with denim shorts and a white tee, or thrown on with a dress (formal or not), the blazer elevates sartorial status in a flash. Black Caviar’s closet is lined with them- in every textile and hue. An ideal spring/ summer/ autumn cover up, this essential lends ensembles a hit of masculinity, an air of mystery and a very definite edge. Five of our preferred blazer- centric looks are as follows:
1. Try a structured piece over solid tees with skinny rolled denim and ultra pointy stilettos- perfect for dinner out.
2. A summer dress, gladiator sandals and a lightweight blazer equal off-duty effortless.
3. Shorts or trousers, a pressed collar and matching blazer work so well with Oxfords that style snaps are guaranteed.
4. A longer, boyfriend style pairs perfectly with very narrow pants (leather is our go-to).
5. A white tuxedo blazer covers formal wear with aplomb- an easy option for evening events.
Unadorned or embellished, this all-purpose piece solves style quandaries with ease. Shop BC’s extensive range online or in-store.